The use of Fund Management Hosting Platforms is an efficient solution for gaining access to the European markets, through a fully compliant Investment Management entity without the need for Funds to establish their own fund management company.
Funds using this service benefit from the efficiencies provided by the existing structure of the hosting platform in terms of sharing costs, middle and back office operations. Hosting platforms are generally “umbrella” fund structures, which allow Funds to join the platform by creating individual sub-compartments or sub-funds, dedicated to their own investment strategies and independent management.
A fund management hosting platform can provide the following benefits:
- Sharing of fixed costs between platform users.
- Partnerships and better pricing with prime depositories, leading auditors and legal consultants, and other leading professional services firms.
- Speed with authorisation and set-up of a new structure.
- Independent, stand-alone “identity” available for funds.
- Specialized services required for servicing the specific investment policies of every sub-fund.
- Outsourcing responsibility of the overall regulatory and compliance requirements of the funds, allowing the fund manager to focus on portfolio management.
- Qualification of the funds for EU distribution passporting.